Digital, interactive and resilient to COVID-19
Due to the yearly surplus of applicants to state universities, many hopeful doctors will once again be left without a place to study medicine. As a digital Institution of Higher Education with an online study programme in Human Medicine, EDU was not affected by the extensive corona-related school closures and interruptions to learning, because our digital design makes us immune to lockdowns.
Therefore, you can ensure your place and study to become a doctor, without changing your plans due to the pandemic, by applying now. Find out more about the application process and see the starting dates here.
- No, EDU was largely unaffected by the extensive corona-related closures of educational institutions.
- While other institutions worldwide had to close their doors as a result of the first general lockdown, students were able to begin their medical studies at EDU and remained unaffected. This continues to be the case with new students scheduled to commence their classes.
- We are digital by design: As a digital programme, our teaching takes place ONLINE via our digital campus.
- COVID-19 usually has mild symptoms or is sometimes even asymptomatic. Should students become infected with the virus in their private environment, they can continue to attend the online seminars and courses via our digital campus – even if they are in quarantine at home. That way, they never miss a single lesson.
- Examinations at EDU are also held online.
- The course of the pandemic in Germany so far has shown that the health care system and especially the clinics are very well prepared: standards are high, processes are professional, and hygiene protocols are in place.
- We are in constant contact with our partners at the teaching hospitals clinical rotations have been able to take place at EDU.
- We assume that future rotations can also take place as planned.
- We inform our students about all necessary hygiene measures to minimize the risk of infection during the clinical rotations and are in constant contact with our students.
- Furthermore, we continuously follow the evaluations from the Robert Koch Institute on the COVID-19 situation and are in close contact with our teaching hospitals.
- Regarding clinical rotations, the safety of all patients, staff and students has utmost priority. If a rotation cannot take place, it will be integrated into later modules.
- The theoretical teaching remains unaffected by this.
- So far, with one exception, all planned
- Yes. As a digital programme, our admission process also take place online.
- OUR ADVICE: Please be aware that official procedures to certify or translate documents or obtain the necessary police clearance certificate may take longer than usual and plan accordingly.
- You can find everything you need to know about our admission process here.
- EDU will support students and issue confirmation letters of training so that students can travel and get accommodations around their teaching hospitals, within the legal limits at a given point in time and locations.
- Nevertheless, the current situation is changing very quickly, as German states respond in real-time to the pandemic and implement regulations accordingly. The concrete requirements and procedures in teaching hospitals varies from region to region and changes quickly.
- Hence, it is our (prospective) student’s responsibility to stay up to date with the state of affairs in the region where their clinical rotation is. EDU will provide assistance to prospective students any time during the process and will make sure to inform the students on ongoing developments that will affect their clinical rotations.
- In the unlikely event that measures against the pandemic prohibit the clinical rotation from taking place, this practical time will be rescheduled, and students will go directly into the next online learning phase. By shifting the order of practical and theoretical teaching in this manner, students will progress with their studies at a normal pace, and graduation days will not be delayed.
- For current developments and policies on the COVID-Situation please follow this link.
MESSAGE US OR GIVE US A CALL:
If you have any questions, our admissions team will be happy to assist you
All matters concerning the financing of your studies are also handled online at EDU, as well as with our partners such as the solidary educational association, CHANCEN eG.
Our Virtual Open Days will also continue to take place twice a month. Register free of charge here.
This could be the start to your medical career!