EDU is the first institution of higher education in Europe to offer an interactive, hybrid study programme in human medicine. EDU students learn the theory of human medicine via a digital campus and, from the first trimester, engage in practical phases in local teaching hospitals for integrated clinical training. With this unique concept, EDU combines practical and theoretical education effectively and can bring medical education to where it is most needed.
We are a dedicated team with a broad background in Medicine, Education and Technology. Our team has a proven track record of successfully building online learning platforms. EDU is the first medical study course globally using a blended learning approach and the first digital-native Higher Education Institution in Europe!
Our students are taught using evidence-based didactic methodologies in conjunction with synchronous learning in small groups and personalised support from medical experts, tutors and mentors. This is supported by the latest digital learning technologies.
We seek a highly motivated and experienced Controller & Financial Planner to join our team. In this role, you will work closely with the executive team to develop and implement financial strategies to support the company’s growth. If you are a driven and results-oriented individual with a strong financial background and leadership skills, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
The key responsibilities of the Controller & Financial Planner will be the following:
- Provide a permanent and timely KPI-driven presentation of the group’s and its companies’ current financial situation.
- Ensure that the data foundation generated by accounting is accurate.
- Contribute to continuously improving the controlling and budgeting tools to enrich the information level.
- Identifying and addressing any issues or concerns related to teaching quality and working to resolve them in a timely and effective manner.
- Develop and implement financial policies and procedures to ensure the accuracy and completeness of financial records.
- Act as a business partner for the internal departments, collect their needs, and prioritize necessary improvements.
- Prepare management and shareholder reporting dashboards based on data-driven analysis of financial developments.
- Support and advise the group entities on controlling issues.
As a Controller & Financial Planner at EDU, the following education, skills, and experiences are needed or useful:
- Bachelor’s degree in business studies with a focus on finance & controlling or comparable training in a related field.
- Solid financial and liquidity planning skills, including forecasting and budgeting.
- Experience with creating 3 statement financial models (integrated financial planning) containing P&L, Balance Sheet & Cash Flow.
- Experience in creating meaningful KPI dashboards.
- Very good knowledge of MS Office, especially Excel.
- Knowledge of Odoo Finance or comparable accounting programs. – is an advantage.
- Previous experience in Power Query, Power Automate or Power BI – is an advantage.
- Fluency in English and German.
EDU is providing you with the following:
- An innovative business with a friendly organisational culture.
- The opportunity to join a professional and passionate multicultural team, with over 20 nationalities.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely.
- and much more!
We are looking forward to receiving your application which you can send to email@example.com.