(Parental leave replacement)
EDU is the first higher education institution in Europe to offer an interactive, digital study of human medicine. EDU students learn the scientific and practical basics of human medicine on a digital campus and, from the first trimester, also during regular practical phases in teaching hospitals. With this unique concept, EDU combines practical and theoretical education in an effective way and can bring medical education to where it is needed.
At EDU, the Learning Experience Design team works with a range of stakeholders to design and manage how students learn our medical curriculum. As a Learning Experience Designer, it is your job to translate didactic concepts into meaningful and compelling interactive learning experiences that are aligned with EDU’s teaching, curriculum, and product, and operations teams.
The key responsibilities of the Learning Experience Designer will be the following:
- Conducting research on didactic pedagogy and theory to support the development or refinement of our didactic elements.
- Conducting learner needs assessments.
- Translating didactic elements into learning experience (LX) strategy via the development of learner stories and learner flows.
- Liaising with the medical didactics team, teaching team, student affairs team, and product team on the development and implementation of didactic strategies and tools.
- Conducting regular internal reviews of our didactic elements and LX strategies.
As a Learning Experience Designer, the following education and skill sets are needed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, Education Management, Cognitive Psychology, or any related field or equivalent experience (additional certification or degree in public health, medical education, or a similar area is a plus).
- Familiarity with models and tools for digital instruction.
- Knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models.
- Expertise in adapting curricula content to various delivery channels (hybrid classrooms, online classrooms, self-study packages, etc.).
- Deep knowledge of curriculum mapping strategies and processes.
- 3+ years of work experience in the area of instructional design or similar field.
- Proven project management and project coordination experience.
- Experience developing learning supports and/or content using e-learning tech.
- Training and workshop development experience (experience in higher education or teaching experience is a plus).
- Fluency in English is required (fluency in the German language is a plus).
At EDU you can develop professionally and personally if:
- You are looking for a dynamic “start-up” academic environment with a passionate, ambitious team from over 20 nations.
- You want to help innovate the field of medical education.
- You want to work in an international team with offices across different locations in Europe!
We are looking forward to receiving your application which you can send to email@example.com.