EDU (https:medical.edu.mt) is a European Institution of Higher Education. EDU is operated by Digital Education Holdings Limited (DEH) based in Kalkara, Malta. As the first educational institution of its kind in Europe, EDU offers an interactive, digital study of human medicine. The National Commission for Further and Higher Education (superseded by the Malta Further and Higher Education Authority as of January 2021) of the Republic of Malta has granted accreditation for the Degree in Medicine. From the first trimester, students at EDU learn the scientific and practical foundations of human medicine in a digital campus and in practice at teaching hospitals.
EDU supports the Digital Education Action Plan of the European Commission and the United Nations in realizing the third and fourth goal for sustainable development (“Good Health and Well- Being”, “Education for All”).
To build and maintain EDUs international academic network, we are looking for a Legal & Compliance Manager.
Your role requires proactivity, innovation and teamwork. Your tasks as a Legal & Compliance Manager in Malta will be the following:
- Providing legal advice and support on a variety of corporate legal matters in an international setting
- Maintaining and enforcing EDU’s GDPR policy across the Group
- Create and enforce academic and corporate policies across the Group in conjunction
- with line managers
- Draft and enforce contractual agreements between EDU and third parties including
- vendors and freelancers
- Participate in disciplinary and other EDU academic committees
- Maintaining the company`s registry and other records
- Liaise with lawyers and Maltese authorities on legal, regulatory, and tax matters
You hold a Degree in Law and you bring the following skillset:
3-5 years experience as Legal Counsel, Legal Manager, Compliance Manager, or similar role
Experience with digital companies is desirable
Strong contracting or corporate legal skills including, but not limited to, data protection
Ability to work independently and in a structured manner Proactive approach and a hands-on mentality
Strong attention to detail
Affinity with digital technologies
Excellent command of the English and Maltese languages
EDU provides you with the opportunity to:
Develop your professional and personal growth
Work closely with an international team from all over 20 nations
Experience an exciting start-up environment
We are looking forward to receiving your application which you can send to email@example.com.