EDU (https:medical.edu.mt) is a European Institution of Higher Education. EDU is operated by Digital Education Holdings Limited (DEH) based in Kalkara, Malta. As the first educational institution of its kind in Europe, EDU offers an interactive, digital study of human medicine. The National Commission for Further and Higher Education (superseded by the Malta Further and Higher Education Authority as of January 2021) of the Republic of Malta has granted accreditation for the Degree in Medicine. From the first trimester, students at EDU learn the scientific and practical foundations of human medicine in a digital campus and in practice at teaching hospitals.
EDU supports the Digital Education Action Plan of the European Commission and the United Nations in realizing the third and fourth goal for sustainable development (“Good Health and Well- Being”, “Education for All”).
In order to develop our curriculum and to support the educational needs of our students on our Bachelor and Master of Medicine programme, we are looking for a Medical Curriculum Developer (m/f/d) as soon as possible.
Your role requires proactivity, innovation and teamwork. Your tasks as a Medical Curriculum Developer will be the following:
- Participate in the creation of an innovative and high-quality programme with a truly interactive and engaging look and feel
- Create exam questions for students and train tutors in teaching methods
- Revamp existing learning materials and resources to improve the learner journey and overall learning experience
- Analyse and apply trends and best practices in both learning technologies and instructional design
- Work closely with instructional designers and course facilitators in order to deliver compelling programme content
- Avoid assumptions and ask the right questions to obtain a detailed picture of situations and needs
- Be proactive, identifying challenges and opportunities before they occur and act upon them
You have a Medical Degree (from Europe) and you bring the following skillset:
- Practical experience in medical education (training and/ or development)
- Experience with blended learning and e-learning solutions
- Experience with Problem-based Learning (PBL)
- Ideally Master’s in Medical Education (MME) or interest in obtaining a degree
- Ideally 2+ years’ experience in clinical practice
- An excellent command of spoken and written English
- Excellent communication skills as well as the ability to influence across groups
- Problem-solving skills and an ability to find a way forward as well as work with challenges
At EDU you can develop professionally and personally if
- you are looking for a dynamic start-up environment with a passionate, ambitious team from over 20 nations
- You first and foremost, want to help shape the innovation of university education in medicine.
We are looking forward to receiving your application which you can send to email@example.com.