EDU is the first institution of higher education in Europe to offer an interactive, hybrid study programme in human medicine. EDU students learn the theory of human medicine via a digital campus and, from the first trimester, engage in practical phases in local teaching hospitals for integrated clinical training. With this unique concept, EDU combines practical and theoretical education effectively and can bring medical education to where it is most needed.
We are a dedicated team with a broad background in Medicine, Education and Technology. Our team has a proven track record of successfully building online learning platforms. EDU is the first medical study course globally using a blended learning approach and the first digital-native Higher Education Institution in Europe!
Our students are taught using evidence-based didactic methodologies in conjunction with synchronous learning in small groups and personalised support from medical experts, tutors and mentors. This is supported by the latest digital learning technologies.
We are seeking a dedicated Medical Tutor to join our team and support the education of our medical students. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in the medical field, excellent teaching skills, and a passion for helping students succeed. If you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of aspiring medical professionals, we encourage you to apply.
The key responsibilities of the Medical Tutor will be the following:
- Providing one-on-one or small group instruction sessions to medical students.
- Assessing and evaluating the performance of medical students, providing feedback and guidance to help them improve their skills and knowledge.
- Assisting with the development and administration of assessments and exams, such as quizzes and written exams, to evaluate student learning.
- Providing advice and mentorship to students as they prepare for their careers in the medical field.
- Collaborating with other medical educators to ensure that the instruction provided is consistent with the overall goals and objectives of the medical program.
- Assisting in the administration of the program, such as scheduling, organising and overseeing student activities, or providing support to the faculty.
As a Medical Tutor at EDU, the following education and skill sets are needed:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in medicine required.
- At least one 1-year clinical experience, preferred in Internal Medicine.
- Experience working in a clinical setting with patients and/or experience in a relevant specialty.
- Knowledge of the subject area being taught, including the latest research, trends, and best practices in the field.
- Strong teaching and instructional skills, including the ability to present complex information in an easily understandable way.
- Strong assessment and evaluation skills, including the ability to provide feedback and guidance to students to help them improve their skills and knowledge.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Leadership and mentorship skills, including the ability to provide guidance and support to students as they progress through their education and prepare for their careers in medicine.
EDU is providing you with the following:
- An innovative business with a friendly organisational culture.
- The opportunity to join a professional and passionate multicultural team, with over 20 nationalities.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work remotely.
- and much more!
We are looking forward to receiving your application which you can send to [email protected].