EDU (https://medical.edu.mt) is a European Institution of Higher Education and, as the first educational institution of its kind in Europe, offers an interactive, digital study of human medicine. From the first trimester, students at EDU learn the scientific and practical foundations of human medicine in a digital campus and in practice at teaching hospitals.
EDU supports the Digital Education Action Plan of the European Commission and the United Nations in realizing the third and fourth goal for sustainable development (“Good Health and Well- Being”, “Education for All”).
As we now continue to build and improve our internal quality systems and processes, EDU is looking for a Programme Evaluation Officer to join the Quality Management team on a freelance contract. This position can be held through our Berlin office, Bratislava office, or remotely.
The Programme Evaluation Officer will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures for the Bachelor and Master of Medicine programme;
- Construct indicators and measurements for teaching and learning evaluation within EDU’s programmes;
- Coordinate and implement the development of data collection tools, as well as provide ongoing support and training in their use with staff;
- Recommend further improvement of core logical frameworks;
- Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of institutional standards and dimensions of impact;
- Compile and streamline reports on various QM activities to the Quality Assurance Manager and Management team;
- Participate in institutional/academic reviews and planning workshops and assist the Quality Assurance Manager in preparing relevant reports;
- Assist in audit coordination and preparation for EDU’s bachelor and master’s programmes.
- Provide feedback to the Quality Assurance Manager on process strategies and activities that support student learning;
- Suggest strategies to the Quality Assurance Manager for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of core programme activities;
Required Skills / Abilities
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with various team leads;
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
- Excellent knowledge of QM and programme evaluation methodology with the ability to identify structural gaps and opportunities;
- Strong knowledge of QM planning and implementation in the context of higher education;
- Excellent technical competencies, particularly in statistical analysis and reporting tools;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English);
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems;
- Strong project management skills;
- Responds positively, openly and proactively to feedback;
- Able to consider a variety of internal and external stakeholder needs to inform development and implementation;
- Displays cultural, gender, race, nationality, and age sensitivity in both working relationships and in deliverables;
- Works effectively both within a team and independently.
- University Degree preferably in Business Administration, Social Sciences, Economics, Education Management, Public Health or related field or combination of fields;
- At least 3 years of experience in the design and implementation of programme evaluations, ideally in the context of education;
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports, ideally in the context of education;
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software, such as SAS, Stata, SPSS, R or Python;
- Strong command of MS Office, with excellent command of Excel;
Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
EDU provides you with the opportunity to:
- Work closely with an international team from all over 20 nations;
- Experience an exciting start-up environment;
- Work in a small team from our Berlin office, Bratislava office, or remotely as preferred;
- Competitive pay;
- Help shape the innovation of university education in medicine.
We are looking forward to receiving your application which you can send to email@example.com.