Lecturer – General Practice/ Internal Medicine (m/w/d)
If you share our vision, we invite you to join us on this mission by applying for one of the open positions below and join one of our offices in Malta, Germany or Slovakia.
Founded in June 2018, EDU is operated by Digital Education Holdings Ltd. (DEH), a private Institute of Higher Education with a vision to increase the quality and accessibility of education.
Technology is re-shaping the way we study, live, and learn, and at EDU we want to harness the best aspects of technology and utilise it as a tool that supports continuous lifelong learning. By embracing and actualising these goals, our sights are set on making high–quality education accessible to anyone in the world who is passionate about studying.
EDU Medical is proudly spearheading the first medical study programme globally that uses a blended learning approach and the first digital-native Higher Education Institution in Europe! We are a dedicated and diverse team with strong backgrounds in medicine, education and technology from around the world. Our team has a proven track record of successfully building online learning platforms and experiences across a plethora of medical and health programmes.
Our students are taught using evidence-based didactic methodologies in conjunction with synchronous learning in small groups and personalised support from medical experts, tutors and mentors. This is supported by latest digital learning technologies that we are consistently improving and optimising, ensuring a great user-experience for both our staff and students.
Expectations and Tasks
One of the hardest parts of being an educator is bridging the gap between theory and practice. As an expert at EDU, your role is pivotal in creating that bridge and actualising EDU’s didactic concept. We believe that what students can learn on their own, for example definitions and basic theoretical concepts, can be learned during self-study prior to expert sessions. Equipped with the foundations, our learners come to sessions prepared to meet our experts, who in-turn bridge learned theory into practical application by bringing real-world experience and passion into the session. This is not a traditional lecture where power points are dictated, but a space where experts bring the many colours of actual clinical experience to learning and where theory can truly be highlighted to practice.
Our experts are expected to facilitate 90-minute sessions, on their expertise in order to bridge their clinical experience into the session. It is expected that experts become familiar with our digital teaching tool, bring question prompts, case studies and scenarios, and any other methods that support learners in their high order thinking skills.
This position can be done completely remotely, however sessions are held in the central European time (CET).
Skills and Competencies
- Specialist Medical Doctor in internal medicine, or PhD in a highly- related discipline
- The ideal candidate has both clinical and teaching experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English
- Very interested in new technologies and innovation, interest to break away from traditional lectures is a must
- Very strong spoken and written English skills, German is a plus but not necessary
- Passion and interest in delivering an exceptional student experience who is interested in feedback and trying new things
What we offer
- An innovative business with a friendly organisational culture;
- The opportunity to join a professional and passionate multi-cultural team, with over 20 nationalities;
- An exciting online work environment that promotes talent-growth and career development;
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work remotely;
- Competitive salary package;
- and much more!
To harness the power of innovation, EDU invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company. EDU is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical, sensory, and/or mental disabilities.