Terms and Conditions
Learn more about our Terms & Conditions, and how they may apply to you and to our students.
The following Terms & Conditions are in reference to Digital Education Holdings Limited, Villa Bighi, Chaplain`s House, Kalkara, KKR 1320, Republic of Malta.
E-mail: email@example.com – Tel: +356 222 631 20
Reg. Number: C 82123 – Tax ID: 998643308
- These GTC provide the basis for the user contract between you and Digital Education Holdings Limited (hereinafter: “DEH” or “we”). The online admission process and use of the user account available under https://medical.edu.mt constitute the subject of the contract (hereinafter together “Application”). Such version of the GTC shall apply as had applied at the time at which the contract was entered into.
- The GTC are available and accessible on our webpages at all times via the link “GTC” located at the lower end of the page. There you have the option to save or print the GTC.
- We do not accept conditions that deviate from or contradict those provided in the GTC. This also applies when we do not explicitly object to their inclusion.
REGISTRATION AND CONCLUSION OF CONTRACT
- By clicking the button “Submit”, you make a binding offer to enter into a contract for use of the Application against payment. The user contract between us and you comes into being when we accept your offer via a confirmation e-mail. We explicitly retain the right to reject your offer without stating reasons.
- Until you have clicked the “Submit” button, you can abort the procedure at any time and correct possible input errors.
- At the end of the registration process, you create a user account. You are obliged to treat your password in strict confidence and to take necessary care to ensure that third parties have no access to it. Granting access to third parties is explicitly prohibited.
CONDITIONS OF USE
- You are obliged to provide correct and complete information when registering, and to duly inform DEH of any changes to your registration data.
- The Application and the services offered are intended only for consumers. Commercial use of the Application or the services offered by DEH is prohibited.
- You alone are responsible for the contents you create within the Application and are obliged to make regular backups of said content. You must ensure that the contents do not violate the rights of third parties.
- The type and extent of services placed at your disposal as well as their availability can be taken from the Application at any time. Significant elements and features of the Application are the processing of your application and providing a user account via internet. The application process consists of a registration, participation in an online test and interview (see Admission Guide) and will be accompanied by status information and mailings.
- Where we provide content and/or functions free of charge, we do so reserving the right to make changes, to discontinue free service or to continue providing the service only upon payment, without prior announcement, and at any time. Moreover, we assume no responsibility regarding the completeness and/or correctness of free content, unless we have caused the defect with intent, by gross negligence or by fraudulent concealment.
PRICES, TERMS OF PAYMENT
- The prices presented on the webpages (see Tuition and Fees Regulations 2018) are final prices. Accordingly, they already include all price components, including any arising taxes.
- The fee for access to and use of the Application, as agreed on during the registration process, becomes due immediately upon transmission of the confirmation e-mail. The usage of the Application requires a full payment of the application fee after the registration.
CONTRACT DURATION AND TERMINATION
- The user contract entered into by the parties shall come into effect upon successful registration and continues for an indefinite period of time.
- You can terminate the user contract at any time by deleting the user account. The application fee is not refundable.
- The right to terminate the contract for cause remains unaffected. In particular, we reserve the right to terminate the user contract with immediate effect if you substantially violate the provisions of these GTC.
- We are entitled to delete any and all content when the user contract has ended. You no longer have access to the content once the user contract is terminated.
- In accordance with the governing legal provisions, DEH shall be liable without restriction for damages resulting from injuries to life, body or health that result from willful or grossly negligent breaches of duty, as well as for other damages that result from willful or grossly negligent breaches of duty or fraudulent intent. Furthermore, DEH shall bear unrestricted liability for damages according to liability covered in compulsory statutory provisions and in the event of accepting guarantees.
- For such damages which are not mentioned in § 7 (1) and which are caused by simple or minor negligence, DEH is liable if the negligence is in violation of contractual obligations the fulfilment of which is necessary in order for the contract to even be properly fulfilled, can be regularly expected and relied on by you (so-called cardinal obligations). In such cases, the liability of DEH shall be limited to damages typically foreseeable under contract.
- The above provisions also apply in favor of the employees, representatives and vicarious agents of DEH.
- The relationships between the parties are governed by the applicable law of the Republic of Malta. Regarding consumers resident in the European Union, the relevant laws of the country in which they reside may also be applicable, provided that those provisions mandatorily apply and concern consumers’ rights. The language of contract is English.
- We reserve the right to modify these GTC at any time. We shall inform you in writing or via E-mail whenever such modifications are made. You are deemed to be in agreement with the modifications if you do not provide written objection within four (4) weeks of being notified thereof. In notifying you of the modifications, we shall also explicitly inform you of the consequences of not rejecting the changes. Should you not agree to the changes, we reserve the right to terminate the user contract.
- If you have no place of general jurisdiction in an EU member state, or if you have moved your place of permanent residence to a country outside the EU since these GTC came into effect, or if your domicile or the place you usually reside is unknown at the time at which the lawsuit is commenced, the exclusive place of jurisdiction for all and any disputes arising from this contract shall be the place of business of DEH.
- DEH does not take part in dispute settlement proceedings before a consumer arbitration board.
- In the event that a provision of the GTC is invalid (f. ex. unlawful or otherwise unenforceable), that invalidity shall have no impact on the validity of the remaining provisions. The invalid provision will be replaced with a lawful, mutually agreed provision with similar and valid economic and legal effects. The same applies to potential gaps and omissions in the GTC.